Our office has a long tradition of community service and outreach. Having been part of the Alma and Gratiot County community for over 60 years, we feel so committed to improving the dental health of this community and giving back at every opportunity. Our involvement includes:
- Annual participation in numerous local career and health fairs to promote dental health and careers in dentistry.
- Dr. Sara Wassenaar and Dr. Rich Frutiger have served as Co-Chairs of the United Way campaign and Dr. Moeggenborg serves on the Board of Directors of United Way.
- We were the first office in the community to offer Dentists with a Heart Day and participate in the American Dental Association’s Give Kids a Smile Day. We continue to donate many dental services throughout the year.
- Our practice donates office space for the Women’s Resource Center, a service offering free used career clothing to support women entering the workplace.
- We do an annual food drive for the Gratiot County Food Network and create Soldier Care Packages for the service men and women in Afghanistan.
- We invite the preschoolers of our community to visit our office for a fun day of introduction to dentistry, healthy eating, and tooth brushing instructions. Our staff regularly visits local school classrooms to promote dental health and education.
- Our practice is actively involved in promoting the work of the National Blood Clot Alliance to educate and promote awareness about the risks of blood clots. They sponsor the “Anna’s Team” fundraiser at the Alma Highland Festival races each year which raised money for the NBCA- www.stoptheclot.org.
- Drs. Rich Frutiger and Brent Moeggenborg are active members of Rotary International. Dr. Sara Wassenaar is a past board member of the Gratiot Area Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Development Association. She currently serves on the Board of Mid-Michigan Medical Center-Gratiot.
- Our staff volunteers on the Keep Alma Beautiful project to help plant and maintain our flowerpots in downtown Alma.