I am very fortunate to work with the people I do, and cannot imagine my life had I chosen another profession. I absolutely love working with people! I feel that the best reward is seeing our patients smile.
Our community is the best small city around. People are always amazed at how involved we are in the community. I love the fact that we will see our patients outside the office and they always comment on how they love to see us.
I chose dentistry because I felt it was the best profession to have direct patient contact, a form of art in working with materials, and a constantly changing and challenging career. I have a special interest in providing patients with dental care comfortably. Patients who have been afraid to come to the dentist in the past have experienced the different kind of care given at our office and are no longer fearful to receive the treatments they need.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science, biology – Alma College
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Detroit Mercy
- General practice residency – Veterans Administration Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
I have always been very involved with keeping current regarding our profession. I am committed to continuing to enhance my skills through advanced training. I have attended numerous seminars on dental implants and continue to take several courses each year to evaluate different and new techniques.
I am part of Spear Education in Scottsdale, Arizona and a member of their Faculty Club. This helps me keep current with an evolving dental field, and gives us the best information to treat our patients comfortably and with excellent care. While I feel that being exposed to cutting-edge technology is very important as a dentist, I also feel that one must make good decisions when selecting new techniques to make sure they are the best treatment for our patient family.
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Ninth District Dental Society
- Francis B. Vedder Society of Crown and Bridge
- International Congress of Implant Dentistry
Outside the Office
I am a native of Alma and so happy to live, work, and raise my family in this wonderful community. My wife Jeanette and I have three children: Graham, Jackson, and Leah. We also have a dog named Benny. I enjoy outdoor activities and am an avid biker, fisher, hunter, hiker, and skier. As a family, we also enjoy snowmobiling and skiing when we can.
In the Community
- Alma-St. Louis Rotary Club
- St. Vincent DePaul Church
- Gratiot County Community Foundation Scholarship selection committee
- United Way, past board president