Our office has a long tradition of community service and outreach. Having been part of the Alma and Gratiot County community for more than 60 years, we feel so committed to improving the dental health of this community and giving back at every opportunity. Our involvement includes:
- Annual participation in numerous local career and health fairs to promote dental health and careers in dentistry.
- Dr. Sara Wassenaar and Dr. Rich Frutiger have served as Co-Chairs of the United Way campaign and Dr. Moeggenborg has served on the Board of Directors of United Way.
- We were the first office in the community to offer Dentists with a Heart Day and participate in the American Dental Association’s Give Kids a Smile Day. We continue to donate many dental services throughout the year.
- Our practice donated office space for the Women’s Resource Center for over a decade, a service offering free used career clothing to support women entering the workplace.
- We have been active in promoting an annual food drive for the Gratiot County Food Network.
- We invite the preschoolers of our community to visit our office for a fun day of introduction to dentistry, healthy eating, and tooth brushing instructions. Our staff regularly visits local school classrooms to promote dental health and education.
- Our practice is actively involved in promoting the work of the National Blood Clot Alliance to educate and promote awareness about the risks of blood clots. They sponsor the “Anna’s Team” fundraiser at the Alma Highland Festival races each year, which raised money for the NBCA- www.stoptheclot.org.
- Drs. Rich Frutiger and Brent Moeggenborg are active members of Rotary International. Dr. Sara Wassenaar is a past board member of the Gratiot Area Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Development Association. She currently serves on the Board of Mid-Michigan Medical Center-Gratiot and Mid-Michigan Health and as a board member of the Gratiot County Community Foundation and Keep Alma Beautiful. Dr. Aaron Moeggenborg is active in the Alma Kiwanis Club and recently served as their president.
- Our staff volunteers on the Keep Alma Beautiful project to help plant and maintain our flowerpots in downtown Alma.