Growing up with my father as a dentist and my mother as an artist, I learned that dentistry was the perfect way to combine my love of science, artistry, and connecting with people. There is nothing more important to me than building long term relationships with my patients and creating beautiful smiles at the same time.
There are also very few places in the world that have as much heart, compassion, and love of community as central Michigan. Every day I feel our doctors and team are making a difference in the health and lives of our patients. It is why I chose to become a dentist and it continues to be what motivates me every day.
- University of Michigan- BA Political Science
- University of Denver Law School- MA Judicial Management
- University of Detroit Mercy- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut, General Practice Residency
Continuing Education has always been my passion. I devote multiple days a year learning the latest in cosmetic dentistry, treatment planning, technology, new techniques, and dental materials so I can provide state of the art quality care for our patients.
- Spear Education Center for Dental Excellence, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Member of the Faculty Club and serve on their Visiting Faculty to mentor other dentists.
- In 2018, I started a Spear Dental Study Club that included 15 Mid-Michigan Dentists.
- Invisalign Gold Plus Provider
- I have treated over 500 Invisalign patients since 2006 and was recently honored as one of 4 doctors selected as Case Shoot Out Finalists at the 2019 Invisalign GP Summit.
- FORCE Orthodontic Training
- I completed general practice certification and training in 2010 to provide interceptive treatment for children and teen.
- American Dental Association, Michigan Dental Association, and Ninth District Dental Association
- Francis B. Vedder Society of Crown and Bridge
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Fraternity
Outside the Office and In the Community
As an Alma native, I have been blessed to live, work and raise my family here with my husband, Dr. Rich Frutiger. When I am not practicing you will find me spending time with my family and friends, gardening, doing art projects, exercising, and traveling.
My personal passion since 2010 has been supporting the work of the National Blood Clot Alliance to educate and raise awareness about the risks, signs and symptoms of blood clots. My son, John and Dr. Rich and I have organized “Anna’s Team” events to honor the memory of our daughter, Anna, and raise funds for this important non-profit organization. More information can be found at www.stoptheclot.org.
- Keep Alma Beautiful Board Member
- Mid-Michigan Medical Center- Board Member
- Gratiot County Community Foundation- Board Member
- Athena Award of Gratiot County
- United Way and Alma Aspire Volunteer
- First Presbyterian Church of Alma